- Press & Media
- Travel Marketing Excellence
BEST WESTERN® HOTELS & RESORTS WINS A RECORD-BREAKING
65 ADRIAN AWARDS FOR TRAVEL MARKETING EXCELLENCE
Company Recognized for Outstanding Marketing Efforts and Achievements at HSMAI Adrian Awards Gala in New York City
PHOENIX (February 21, 2018) – The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (“HSMAI”) honored Best Western® Hotels & Resorts with 65 Adrian Awards for excellence in digital marketing, advertising and public relations during the 61st Annual Adrian Awards Gala on
February 20, 2018 in New York City. Of the 65 awards, Best Western earned one coveted platinum award, 19 golds, 22 silvers and 23 bronzes. HSMAI also honored Kelly Dalton, Senior Director of Corporate Communications of Best Western Hotels and Resorts, as one of the HSMAI Top 25 Extraordinary Minds in Hospitality Sales, Marketing, and Revenue Optimization.
“We are honored to have HSMAI recognize Best Western’s concentrated marketing efforts, which are focused on showcasing our brand’s evolution and communicating the superior service and exceptional experience today’s travelers can expect at our hotels,” said Dorothy Dowling, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of Best Western Hotels & Resorts. “Best Western has transformed in recent years – with the launch of a comprehensive brand refresh in 2015 - which pushed strategic enhancements including $2 billion in property improvements, the integration of cutting-edge technology throughout the guest experience, and the revamp of our industry-leading loyalty program to offer even more valuable perks to our rewards members. We’re thrilled to see that these brand-wide initiatives are being successfully received by the media, HSMAI and, most importantly, our guests.”
This year’s wins for digital marketing, advertising and public relations excellence included, among other highlights:
• Earning Loyalty with Best Western Rewards® (“BWR®”) – Innovative promotions helped BWR’s 32+ million members Go. Get. Rewarded.® through fun promotions and original campaigns such as seasonal promotions, BW Baggage Bucks®, videos on “How to Spend your Points” and more.
• Much-Liked Social Media Campaigns – Best Western propelled social engagement with fun and interactive campaigns, including encouraging guests to share how Best Western makes them smile in a “Smilebration,” helping guests #FlauntYourBWStyle with a "Go. Get. Glam" campaign, inviting guests to see "Where Will $10 Take You?" and more.
• Winning Website – Optimizing and streamlining customer interactions across all digital channels with the launch of an all-new BestWestern.com, the reimagined site is being recognized for its highly visual, interactive elements and mobile-friendly responsiveness that create an intuitive, image-rich, and engaging online consumer experience on all devices.
• Innovating with Best Western Virtual Reality Experience – Best Western became the first company of its size and scale to utilize virtual reality to attract, inform and delight potential customers through an immersive, 360-degree look into all of the company’s North American hotels. The massive undertaking created an engaging, story-telling experience and sets a new industry standard in using virtual reality to enhance the guest experience.
• Bringing it Home with Best Western’s “You Must Be Trippin’” Blog – The company’s lighthearted blog forms strong connections with today’s travelers through engaging content, including videos and travel tips from industry leading experts, social media contests, quizzes and more.
Winning 65 Adrian Awards this year tops off a growing record of success at the Adrian Awards, as Best Western continues to enhance and promote its connection with today’s travelers. Over the past five years, Best Western has won more than 200 Adrian Awards - 75 golds, 66 silvers, 60 bronzes and four highly coveted platinum awards.
For more information on Best Western Hotels & Resorts, visit BestWestern.com.
About Best Western® Hotels & Resorts:
Best Western Hotels & Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of 4,200† hotels in more than 100† countries and territories worldwide. Best Western offers 11 hotel brands to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market: Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Vīb®, GLō®, Executive Residency by Best Western®, BW Premier Collection®, and BW Signature Collection by Best Western; as well as its recently launched franchise offerings: SureStay® Hotel by Best Western, SureStay Plus® Hotel by Best Western and SureStay Collection by Best Western. Now celebrating more than 70 years of hospitality, Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales and marketing support, and award-winning online and mobile booking capabilities. Best Western continues to set industry records regarding awards and accolades, including 64 percent of the brand’s North American hotels earning a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award in 2017, Business Travel News® ranking Best Western Plus and Best Western number one in upper-mid-price and mid-price hotel brands, and Best Western receiving seven consecutive Dynatrace® Best of the Web awards for its leading hotel website. Best Western has also won nine consecutive AAA®/CAA® Lodging Partner of the Year awards, recognizing the brand’s commitment to providing exceptional service and great value to AAA/CAA’s nearly 58 million members in the U.S. and Canada. Best Western-branded hotels were top ranked in J.D. Power’s 2017 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study – ranking first in breakfast (food and beverage category) for midscale; and second in overall guest satisfaction. Over 32 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. Best Western’s partnerships with AAA/CAA and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. Through its partnership with Google® Street View, Best Western is the first major company of its size and scale to launch a virtual reality experience for customers, setting a new industry standard and reinventing how guests view hotels.
† All Best Western and SureStay-branded hotels are independently owned and operated.